Here at the Advocates, we are committed to improving ourselves and our communities. One of the best ways to do this is through continuing education. We understand that law school can place a tremendous financial strain on both law students and their families. To help with the costs of attending law school, we are offering the Idaho Advocates Scholarship. For further information about what to include in the essay submit to The Advocates, please visit our vehicle accident attorney page.
All current or prospective students must be enrolled in an accredited law school located within the United States.
- The scholarship is offered biannually. The biannual deadlines are:
- Fall Term: January 31st
- Spring Term: June 30th
- $1000 offered biannually
- Write a 300-500 words essay on the following topic:
What is the most common cause of distracted driving? How many car accidents are caused by distracted driving? What can you do to help prevent distracted driving?
- Essays should follow a basic essay and paragraph format including an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Bibliography must be included.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting your essay, you agree to our terms, namely all the rights of ownership to the Advocates, regardless if you are selected as the scholarship recipient or not. We reserve the right to republish all submitted essays.
- We will not provide this information to any 3rd party. Your name and the name of your school may be used if you are selected as a prizewinner, or if you are part of our honorable mentions.
- If you do not fill out all necessary information, you will forfeit your consideration for this scholarship.
- As previously mentioned, if you are selected as the prizewinner, we will contact you through email or phone, and the award will be sent to your accredited institution.
- If you are selected as the scholarships winner, we will contact you for a profile photo to be included with your scholarship on our scholarship page.
For additional tips and information about what to write in the essay you submit, please visit our page concerning car and bicycle accidents, which you can find here: vehicle accident attorney page.
Meet Our Fall 2019 Winner
“Lol.” “What’s up?” “Btw…” Text messages as simple as these can do damage as drastic as taking a life. Accidents caused by distracted driving are entirely preventable, yet they occur so often. At least nine are claimed by distracted driving every day and approximately 3,500 per year (The Zebra, 2020). In the state of Idaho, there’s a traffic crash every 22 minutes and one person is killed as a result of a traffic crash every 40 hours (The Advocates Law, 2019). There are three main causes of distracted driving: visual, manual and cognitive. Visual refers to the driver taking their eyes off the road, manual refers to the driver taking their hands off the wheel, and cognitive refers to the driver taking their mind off drivingRead Essay