When Matthew Driggs first ventured out to launch his law firm, he did so with the goal of creating a legal community built on understanding, care, and philanthropy focused on the needs of injury victims from all walks of life. Matt’s vision came into being with the founding of The Advocates Law Firm.After graduating from the University of Utah’s Law School in 1991, Matt began to practice personal injury law at a solo practice in Midvale, Utah.
Shortly thereafter, Matt joined forces with a group of partners to found the Driggs, Bills & Day, P.C. personal injury law firm. Three years later, he moved The Advocates to downtown Salt Lake City where it grew into one of the most successful and prestigious law firmsin all of Utah. The Salt Lake City office of The Advocates eventually moved to its current location in 2018.
During his time as the Operating Partner of The Advocates, Matt has helped his clients recover over $200 million in compensation for their injuries and losses.When Matt isn’t helping injury victims, he spends his free time with his wife and five children. Matt is also very passionate about world travel and is dedicated to self-betterment. At the top of Matt’s bucket list is the goal of traveling to every continent and visiting each Wonder of the World.
- University of Utah – J.D. 1991
- University of Utah – B.A. English 1988
- Founder of Driggs Bills & Day of The Advocates – 1998
- Founding partner of Driggs, Osborne & Huang – 1996
- Contract attorney – 1991
- Washington Bar Association – 2012
- Mentor for new lawyers with the Utah Bar Association – 2010
- Utah Trial Lawyers Association – 2000
- Utah Bar Association – 1992