Idaho Head-on Car Accident Attorney
Few types of car crashes are as dreadful than a head-on collision. While accidents such as minor fender benders or even sideswipes result in relatively minor injuries and automobile damage, a full head on crash can completely total the cars involved and leave victims with lifelong injuries or, worse, can cause death. While modern safety features, such as airbags and anti-lock brakes, have gone a long way in helping reduce the damage caused by devastating collisions like head-on car accidents, these accidents still cause untold damage to motorists each and every day on roads in the United States.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a head-on car accident, you will need the help of an experienced Idaho car accident attorney. Since such catastrophic car accidents quickly become complicated injury claims and often end up in a courtroom they require the expert hand of a legal professional. And unfortunately an ordinary car accident lawyer simply won’t do. In order to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries and losses, you will need an Advocate attorney on your side.
Here are the most common causes of head-on car accidents in Idaho:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Excessive speeding
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Mechanical failure
- Failed attempt to pass another vehicle
- Drifting over the center line
- Inclement weather
- Animals crossing the road
- Road hazards
- Driver error
Injuries Caused by Head-on Car Accidents
Head-on car crashes produce far more severe injuries than those of more minor accidents. Head-on accidents often occur at higher speeds since both vehicles are traveling toward one another. For example, if a car traveling 30 miles per hour collides head-on with a truck traveling at 40 mph, the true speed of the crash is 70 mph. Due to this dramatic increase in speed, injuries suffered by head-on car accidents are exponentially worse than other crashes.
Below are a few of the more severe injuries sustained by head-on car crashes:
- Spinal injuries: the majority of injuries to the spine following a head-on accident are caused by tremendous pressure fracturing the vertebrae into pieces. These pieces then pierce the spinal cord or even sever it completely. In more serious cases, the victim might suffer partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): traumatic brain injuries are caused when the head of a victim strikes object, such as a steering wheel or the dashboard, with moderate or extreme force. A traumatic brain injury can cause the brain to swell inside the skull or even bleed. These injuries are often permanent.
- Internal Organ Damage: head-on car accidents can be so catastrophic that a victim’s organs can be bruised or even punctured causing internal bleeding.
- Crushed or Broken Limbs: broken or fractured bones in the arms and legs is an all too common injury for victims of head-on collisions. Broken bones can leave victims incapacitated for months on end.
- Scarring and Severe Burns: violent car crashes such as head-on collisions can cause severe damage to the skin either through cuts, abrasions, or burns.
- Whiplash: Whiplash caused by a head-on collision is frequently worse than injuries produced by more minor types of accidents. Whiplash is caused by the sudden snapping of the head backwards and forwards as a result of the crash. Muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the neck are strained, stretched, or, possibly, torn by the force of the impact. Whiplash can cause victims to experience chronic pain and a reduction in mobility.
If you have been involved in a head-on car accident, you will need the legal expertise of an experienced car accident attorney. What you need is an Advocate attorney to help you recover maximum compensation for the injuries and losses you have suffered.
The Advocates Can Help After Your Head-on Car Accident
The best way to recover just compensation after your head-on collision is to hire an Advocate to represent your injury claim. Our car accident attorneys know best to place an accurate value on your injury claim and negotiate the best possible settlement with the at-fault insurance provider according to your particular situation. If the insurance companies refuse to play fair by giving you a low-ball offer, our attorneys will file a lawsuit and make them pay their fair share according to the laws in Idaho. That’s The Advocates promise to you and your family.
Since 1993, The Advocates has helped thousands of car accident victims recover just compensation for the losses they’ve suffered due to the reckless behavior of others. Our attorneys take pride in being as dedicated to their clients as they would if they were representing cases for members of their own family. Don’t wait to contact one of our attorneys today about your injury. The Advocates are available 24/7 to review your case and offer free consultations. You can either call our office at (208) 995-2444, fill out the form below, or chat with a live attorney right now from our homepage. Don’t wait to find out what The Advocates can do for your case. You deserves an Advocate!